Updated November 2017
As we all know, customer testimonials and reviews are one of the best ways to increase online sales and profits. The problem is that it is not always easy for customers to leave a review online and because of this, most of them don’t even bother. What we want is an easy and quick way for customers to click on a link and leave a review of your business, products or services online.
You will be happy to know there is a very easy solution, which will take you just a matter of minutes. Simply follow the steps below and in the time it takes to read this blog post, you will have your very own Google Review Link that you can use on your website and other marketing materials.
Find your Google Business link
- Open a text editing program such as Notepad or Word.
- Copy and paste this into it: https://search.google.com/local/writereview?placeid=
- Go to the Google review link generator.
- Enter your business name and select it from the list. If you don’t have a Google Business page and need help setting one up, ask us for a quote.
- Copy the “PlaceID” shown over the map (the long series of characters). For example, our PlaceID is “ChIJN_7xQqBckWsRBC1VC0YlpE4“.
Save the link for future reference
- Paste the PlaceID into your text editor program, directly at the end of the end. For us, we end up with: https://search.google.com/local/writereview?placeid=ChIJN_7xQqBckWsRBC1VC0YlpE4
- If you want to use a shorter link format, you can go to https://bitly.com, paste in your full link, then copy the shortened link provided.
- Save the file on your computer, so that you always it when needed.
Use the link
- Send the link(s) to your best clients and ask them to leave a positive review by simply clicking the link!
- Don’t forget to include the link on your website as well.
For more information, read more on Google’s support pages.