Do you know where all the important details are for your website? If you don’t have this information at your fingertips, then you can be in a lot of trouble down the track. Here is a quick profile of an average client at GO Creative.
- They have a variety of domain names for various websites registered with different domain name companies.
- They have at least one hosting account, and sometimes more than one.
- Their SSL certificates are registered somewhere, but they are not sure where.
- Some don’t know their website login details (such as for WordPress).
- They don’t know their hosting account details.
- They have no idea whether their domain names are registered in their name, the company’s name or in someone else’s name.
All of this jumble of essential information, needs to be known and kept secure in one place. If you don’t have all of this information, then you can have the following problems:
- You do not own your domain name, either an employee who registered it does or the developer who created your website owns it.
- Your website can be stolen, hacked or completely deleted from the internet.
- You cannot change hosting accounts, have any SEO work or developer updates performed and you cannot redesign or update your website, if you don’t have the necessary passwords.
- It takes longer and costs more to update your website or change your setup, because someone has to hunt around to find everything.
The consequences of these problems can be disastrous to your business. Not having full control of your hosting account and your website is a short road to catastrophe. In fact, it can have severe financial consequences to your business and set you back years. That’s no exaggeration.
There is however, an easy solution to this long list of problems and that is to have all of this vital information concerning your website and hosting details, located and consolidated into one file.
That’s why GO Creative has set up just such a service. If you don’t know all of this information, we will source it for you and compile everything into a single document for quick reference. If you already know this information, we can bring it all together so it is easily accessible for you, whenever you need it. Going further, we can also consolidate all of your services into a single account with us, so that you don’t need to retain 500 sets of login details when you only really need one. Having a single point of contact can be hugely beneficial and stress-relieving.
So if you want help consolidating or sourcing your website’s vital information, phone us on (07) 3333 2932 or request a free quote online.