All of our websites adapt automatically for every screen size and orientation.
Frequently asked questions
Yes. All GO Creative employees are based in Australia, which means when you reach out to us for support, you’ll always deal with a member of our local team!(Permalink)
As long as your web host supports our software (WordPress, usually) — and 99% of hosting providers do — you can host the site wherever you like. However there are some specific website packages we offer that do require you to host your website with us until the website has been fully paid for, and after that you can transfer the site to another host if you prefer.
Of course, having a single point of contact is always a plus, and it means no one can pass the buck if things go wrong! We offer affordable rates, and our hosting servers are located in Government-certified data centres around Australia.(Permalink)
We add a fixed number of pages of content (which you provide to us), which varies depending on your selected website package. These pages will be designed using our own suggested layouts. You can use our tutorials to add more content, or we can add it for you at an affordable hourly rate. We also offer copywriting services, if you need a hand putting the content together.(Permalink)
Yes. Many of our services can be paid in monthly instalments, over 12 months, or longer by negotiation. The first payment is the deposit. Conditions and additional fees apply.(Permalink)
We add code which tells your website how it should look and function at different screen widths. For example, we might have rules which equate to something like, “If the browser/screen width is less than 900 pixels, move the logo to the middle of the page”. We’ll also condense the entire menu into a single button which the user can click/tap to expand, and so on.
You don’t have to do anything special for this to work; our code takes care of everything automatically. Magic!(Permalink)
The timeframe varies greatly between projects. A small website project can take around 3-4 months, but larger projects may take significantly longer.(Permalink)
Very secure. We take great care to secure all websites we develop. This includes using unique and “hard to guess” usernames on administration accounts, installing security plugins, adding custom code to prevent unauthorised hackers/spammers from accessing your website, and so on.
If your customers enter sensitive data into your website, or make online purchases, we also install an SSL security certificate, which encrypts all information (fees apply).(Permalink)
This can be one of the biggest areas of confusion with any website, so here are the key things you need to know.
What we will do
Because our websites are a fixed price, we do have some limitations on the amount of time we can spend on each project. Therefore below is a quick summary of what we’ll do within the package price:
- Design your home page to a very high level of detail. This can then be revised (up to the number of revisions allowed in your selected website package) until you approve the page.
- Set up a master design template which applies to all pages on the site. You can customise the layout of the template for each page.
- Add a certain number of pages of content for you (which you provide), depending on your selected website package. Each page will have a clear and simple layout, and formatting applied to all text.
- Provide training/support, and resources such as tutorials and videos. Training is conducted over the phone or face to face, depending on your website package.
- Add a certain number of stock photos (depending on your package), and provide more for a small additional fee.
What we won’t do
We’re happy to help in any way we can, so if you do need a hand with the following, please let us know and we can provide a quote or hourly rate. Some of these options may be included with some website packages, but as a general rule, we don’t do the following:
- Write your content for you.
- Edit/retouch/customise your photos. But you can edit your photos via the website software after they’ve been uploaded. Also, every photo uploaded will automatically be resized and cropped into various copies of the original, so you can use whichever one best fits your purpose.
- Create custom graphics for image slide shows/galleries. However, we will add your photos (or stock photos) into slide shows.
- Import all of your content from any existing website, if any (we only import a certain number of pages/products, depending on your package).
- Provide free stock images (except as stated in the website package or quote).
- Meet face to face except for the initial consultation, and training session.
We accept payments via:
- bank transfer
- credit card (online only)
Payments made by credit card or PayPal incur a 3% surcharge.(Permalink)
- Websites: WordPress
- Online stores: WordPress with WooCommerce
- Web apps: Custom framework in PHP
- Mobile apps: Custom framework for Apple or Android
Why choose GO Creative as your web development company?
As a successful web development company in Brisbane, we have a well-deserved reputation for quality work. Businesses approach us to help build a successful online presence for many reasons, including the following:
- We’ve been around since 2001. That means we’re not going to suddenly disappear like so many so-called web developers today who pop up overnight and disappear just as quickly.
- We’re more than just another web development company. Brisbane (Daisy Hill) offers many internet marketing company choices but few who deliver true value for money.
- We provide web design, website management, website maintenance and corporate web design services to a wide range of small and medium size businesses. This means we’ve been around the block enough times to know what works best for websites in general, as well as for specific industries.
- We follow best practices and focus on doing things that benefit your business. While it may seem a bit nerdy, by writing efficient code, including high quality images, beefing up security, and focusing on fast load times, we ensure that every website we create checks every box in helping you grow your business.
Still not sure? Just get in touch and you’ll be inspired with confidence from the very first phone call.