With all the advantages of social media networking, some of our clients have questioned whether they still need a blog. After all, a blog takes time and effort to maintain, and isn’t that better spent building their social media networks?
So I thought I would take this opportunity to list 7 benefits of maintaining an active business blog, while also growing your social media channels.
- Branding awareness: A blog helps you to showcase your brand in your own way, without the design and layout restrictions inherent in other social media platforms.
- Customer engagement: You can share product updates, answer customer queries and share stories about your brand on your blog. This interaction is an easy way to increase cunsumer awareness and engagement with your brand.
- Blogs are great for time-poor people: It doesn’t take long to write one or two blog posts each week and respond to customer comments. Your blog is a great platform from which to promote your business and an hour or two each week is not that time consuming.
- Free advertising: If you write and maintain your own business blog then you have free advertising for your brand. As you build your email list, you will have more and more targeted customers who will read your blog and share your content with their friends.
- Increased customer insight: If you use your web analytics, it’s easy to track visitors and identify which posts visitors find most engaging, their gender, age and their geographic location.
- Increased exposure on social media: Blog posts, images and infographics are all very sharable across social networks, leading to increased exposure on multiple social media platforms.
- Improve rankings on the serps: As you successfully engage your visitors and they share your content across their social media networks, you will find that your rankings, traffic and conversions all increase.
As you can see, an active blog that contains interesting and educational information, provides your business with the opportunity to fully engage with your customers, resulting in happy customers and higher rankings.