Absolutely. There’s no fee involved to transfer your domains to us. The current expiry date of the domain remains intact as well, so if it’s not due to expire for another year, for example, that will still be the case after the transfer is complete.
The process to transfer a domain is:
- We arrange for a domain password (also known as a “registry key” or “auth info”, among other things) to be sent to the email address registered with the domain (which should be you).
- You provide the password to us.
- We use that password to initiate the transfer, through our domain management system.
- You receive an email asking you to confirm the transfer. You click the link, and the the transfer begins.
- Most Australian (.AU) domain names transfer in exactly 48 hours. Other domains vary from instantly to up to a week.
Once a domain transfer is underway, it can’t be cancelled, though the domain can be transferred again later.
Important: You will always remain the registrant (owner) of the domain, regardless of which company manages it for you.