With the rapid increase in technology over the past decade, more and more of our clients, at GO Creative web design in Brisbane, are asking us to update their websites. This is because they understand the need to be at the cutting edge of design, in order to remain on top of their marketing and sales goals.
Specifically there are 7 good reasons to update your website form both a business and a consumer point of view:
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO): Ranking high on search results pages (serps) depends on many factors. Not least is having the right keywords in the right places on your web pages. Broken links, poor links, not making use of Alt tags and using none or the wrong keywords means that you are doomed to internet obscurity. A website redesign will lift your ranking and your conversions.
- Acquisitions or restructuring: If you are acquiring new companies or products you may need to rebrand; if you are restructuring your business you may need your website to reflect these changes. A website redesign will give your business a fresh, updated and modern feel to customers.
- Old, outdated code: Increases in technology mean that your HTML and CSS code may need to be updated. This will make your website load much faster, increase its performance and increase traffic.
- Content Management System (CMS): Having to update your content and functionality on an old, out-dated site can be difficult and time consuming. A CMS allows you to make changes to your content easily, add social media buttons as needed, add photos, blogs and so much more..
- Mobile friendly: Responsive designs allow customers to access the same website across different platforms – smartphones, IPads and their PC, with the same functionality. This makes your website easy to use and gives the customer a positive experience.
- Clear navigation: If customers cannot find what they are looking for they will leave your site. It is much easier to create a new website than try to sort out the navigation in an out-dated site.
- Content: Over time your business changes and grows and your web content needs to reflect these changes. Content should be presented concisely, providing customers with the information they need. Long, confused pages of text frustrate customers and they will leave your site to find one that is much easier to read. Your content needs to be informative, engaging and updated frequently. A modern design with a user friendly CMS will go a long way to achieving these goals