Social media networking is here to stay, but as with every marketing strategy, there is the right way and the wrong way to go about achieving your goals. So here are 10 quick tips that will help you start off on the right foot with your social media campaigns.
- Display excitement: Whenever you are posting to your community, bring excitement and anticipation to your posts. Remember what is was like when you were a child waiting for a birthday or a holiday? Bring that sort of excitement to your posts and you will engage your community immediately.
- Survey your employees: Find out what social media platforms your employees already use, because collectively, they will have an enormous amount of social connections. Use these platforms to start your media campaign.
- Answer queries: Make sure that you answer all queries about your products or services that come via social media. As the number of questions increases over time (this is good!), be time smart and ask some of your most active fans and followers to help respond to these queries – people love to share their knowledge.
- Build your list with Facebook: An email list is gold in internet marketing, so use the power of Facebook and drive highly targeted traffic to your website by using free giveaways such as educational PDFs, eBooks or videos.
- Measure key indicators: Make sure to identify key indicators of growth, such as leads and sales as well as social shares. This data will help to inform and direct your social media campaigns.
- Investigate LinkedIn: This is a social media platform that is very effective in building your business. Incorporate LinkedIn in your marketing strategy and encourage your marketing team to use this platform to increase social shares, leads and sales.
- Use paid advertising: SEO and organic traffic is great, but there is also a place for paid advertising in your marketing strategy. This opens up your business to other communities and broadens your customer base.
- Don’t forget Pinterest: Using images from your business on Pinterest is an effective way to share your content. Pin content from your blog, from your website and include content from across the web that is helpful to your community. This builds a positive relationship and sets you up as a leader in your field.
- Engage the community: Address questions that the community want answered, that your competitors avoid. For example, compare your products with your competitor’s, write product reviews, answer questions about prices or issues with your products.