As one of the premier website developers in Brisbane over the past two decades, we’ve seen time and time again that it’s easier and more cost effective to retain existing customers, rather than trying to sign up new customers. This is why many businesses ask their customers to join their email lists, or follow them on social media, so that they can keep their customers in their sales funnel, periodically sending them new marketing and sales materials.
It’s fairly easy to retarget existing customers, converting them into repeat customers. For example, you could do this by introducing a loyalty program or by offering discount vouchers, or adding them to an exclusive email distribution list.
Website developers (the savvy ones, anyway) have the tools and resources to achieve this, and therefore retargeting customers is one of the marketing strategies we include in our digital marketing services.
Know your customer value
But while you may know that retargeting is important to your revenue, have you also considered that not all customers are equal in regard to their value to your business? You’ve probably heard of the 80/20 rule, where 80% of your sales come from 20% of your customers, but recent research has now shown that the top 1% of your customers spend 18 times more than the other 99%.
Knowing the value of your top customers over the long term and not focusing on their short term value, puts you in a position to create a marketing strategy that targets these high converting customers, increasing your revenue and refining your customer base.
Targeting your top customers
The way to increase the number of high converting customers is to target the 20% that provide most of your revenue, as this includes the top 1%. One easy way to do this is to use Facebook Ads. You can upload your top customers’ email addresses to Facebook, and set up your ads to be presented to these people. Pretty simple!
As most business owners spend their time and money trying to generate more traffic and leads, by using your top 20% as a template, you can rapidly increase your customer base and your revenue, and outdo the competition quite easily.
Do you need a hand with your marketing strategy?
We’re is a web design company in Brisbane that specialises in online marketing strategies for small businesses. You can get an instant quote online, or call us on 07 3333 2932 for a chat about how we can help grow your business.