There are so many web developers in Brisbane offering corporate web design services, so how do you figure out which one is best for you?
One of the biggest issues for companies when selecting a web developer is that they don’t know what they don’t know. Comparing apples to apples can be very difficult when you’re wading through a checklist of website inclusions, many of which will be completely foreign to you. Every web developer is different. It’s not like shopping for a car where you can compare some basic facts and figures, or jump in for a test drive.
Making matters worse, how do you even know if the web design company you’re considering using has been around for a long time, or is a relative newcomer with little experience?
As a long standing web development company in Brisbane, many of our clients have come to us in the first place because their website project didn’t go to plan, in one way or another. So how can you make sure that you receive a high quality corporate website design that will establish a positive presence on the internet for your business?
Questions to ask corporate web design agencies
As you can imagine, asking a lot of questions is the only way to be really sure that your corporate web design package will include everything that is important to your company. Here are some important questions to help you filter out the good from the bad:
- Can you help us compare your packages to those of another web developer?
- Can you offer a full range of services in addition to corporate web design, such as copywriting, search engine optimisation, and graphic design?
- Are there any key limitations of the software or packages that we should be aware of?
- Do you have clients who we can phone for a reference?
- Can you show us examples of websites which you developed at least three years ago, including proof of their age?
- Can you show us examples of websites which you have developed in the past month, including proof of their age?
- What makes you different to other developers?
Another concern is always the budget and without a doubt, you will want to save as much money as possible on the design of your website. The problem is that there are many web design packages around the $500 mark, but many of these are designed by people with little experience or training and don’t offer any ongoing support. In fact, many of the ‘cheaper’ websites are outsourced overseas, resulting in very poor website designs.
All of this means that if you are searching for a web development company in Brisbane, interstate or even overseas, you need to be very careful and ask a lot of questions, before you make your final decision. Local developers are usually the best choice in any case, because you can see them face to face if any issues arise or you need to have a meeting to discuss the project.
If you want a professional and experienced Brisbane web development team to create your website, call GO Creative on 07 3333 2932 or get an instant quote online.