Most reputable Brisbane website developers will acknowledge that there are times when you can probably ‘get by’ with a cheap website in some circumstances.
DIY websites, however, are more suitable for micro/hobby businesses and start-ups, rather than for established businesses. Hiring a local website developer may cost more, but it’s an investment that will result in more traffic, enquiries and sales. And ultimately that’s what every website is created for.
Get off the fence
If you’re unsure about hiring a web design company, here are five reasons to go for it:
- Increased conversions: A web development company knows all of the design strategies that will make your website appealing and engaging to your visitors, helping to increase conversions (enquiries or sales) on your website. Handling the process on your own can actually turn off many potential customers due to an ill-conceived design or general user experience.
- Increased rankings: A company that specialises in web development and related services knows how to get your website ranking as high as possible in Google, right off the bat. Without professional help, your website can languish in the depths of the internet, suffering from a profound lack of traffic and conversions.
- Enhanced security: When you compare the security of a free website with a bespoke website designed by a Brisbane web design company, you have much more security against hacking with the professional designers. Free websites tend to have a host of security issues that have caused many websites to crash, resulting in a mad rush to try and recover whatever is left.
- Greater flexibility: The “free” or cheap online website builders are generally quite limited in what can be done. You may save yourself a few dollars now, but later if you want to do something more with your website, you may have to start from scratch anyway.
- Time savings: While many of the online website builder sites are fairly easy to use, it still takes a good amount of time to structure your pages and menus, add your content, perfect the design, and configure all of the other settings to get your website up and running. If you’re spending many hours working on your site, wouldn’t that time be better spent running your business? (Not to mention the potential for some significant hair loss along the way!)