As an internet marketing company, we’ve worked with many small business owners who had no idea how to incorporate social media into their marketing strategy. Some may have used Facebook at home and their kids are all over social media sites, but as far as using a social media network for their business is concerned, they were in the dark. At our Brisbane web design company, we specialise in not just building great websites, but helping to grow their traffic through advertising, search engines and social media.
Social media is now an essential part of small business web design in Brisbane and is not something that can be ignored. So if you are in the process of selecting an experienced Brisbane web design company to redesign your business website, here are 7 great tips to ramp up your social media and hit the road running.
- Target your audience: To successfully engage the community and increase your sales, you need to understand your audience. When you know their motivations, fears and interests you can create content that will encourage them to visit your website.
- Share buttons: It’s important that visitors to your website can share your content around their social networks, so always include social share buttons on your pages and posts.
- Post new content: You should post new content to your social media networks frequently and at times when people frequent these sites. For example, post to Facebook at least daily and in the evening when people are not at work.
- Images: It’s well known that content and posts which include images are shared more often that those without. As an internet marketing company, this is something that we always emphasise to our clients.
- Write a blog: This is one of the easiest ways to engage your target audience and gives you plenty of content to share around your social media network. If you are looking for a web design company in Brisbane, make sure that they include a blog in your new website.
- Expand your network: Don’t just stick with one social media site, add in all of the platforms used by your audience, so you can become the ‘go-to’ business and an authority in your industry.
- Search engine optimisation: Make sure to use your keywords and optimise all of your content, as this will help to increase your rankings in the search engine results pages.
As you can appreciate, building a social media network can be time consuming, so it pays to talk to an experienced Brisbane web design company or internet marketing company who can do all of this for you, leaving you free to run your business.