This tutorial will help you with adding PDFs and other files for download
Step by step instructions for adding PDFs and other files for download
To follow this tutorial, you must first log into your website.
Log into your website, then go to Pages > All Pages, and click on the name of the page you’d like to edit.
(If you’re wanting to insert the file into something other than a page, just go to the correct section in your WordPress site, such as Posts > All Posts.)
- Click on the text block or element where you’d like to insert the link, then make sure you have clicked on the exact spot in the text that you’d like to insert the link into. For example, you may want to click at the end of your text block and press Enter to add a new paragraph, and insert the file there.
- Click the Add Media button above the editor box.
- Select the file (but do NOT insert it yet):
- If you haven’t uploaded the file yet, click the Upload Files tab at the top of the window, and then the Select Files button. Browse your computer for the file you want to upload, and double-click it to start the upload. Once the upload has finished, you’ll be able to click on the file in the list to select it.
- If you have already uploaded the file, just click on the file in the list to select it.
With the file selected, do the following, in the slim column of options on the right:
- Click in the Title field, delete the existing text, and replace it with the text you want to display on the page, such as “Download the PDF”.
- Look further down the column, in the Attachment Display Settings, and choose Media File in the “Link To” dropdown box. You may need to scroll down in this column to see this option.
- Click Insert Into Page.
If there is still an editor popup window open, confirm your changes there by clicking the “Save” button in the bottom right corner.
Now you need to save the page itself. In the top right corner, click the Publish or Update button, and you’re done.
On your website, navigate to the page or post you’ve just updated to test the new download link.
GO Creative understood our needs well, and their communication and work standards were excellent. The redevelopment of our website was good value for money.
GO Creative will investigate exactly what it is you want to achieve; then use their creativity and expertise to deliver something that will blow you away, ensuring you are kept in the loop every step of the way. You will become a raving fan! Thank you for helping me achieve success with Global Innovations.
Overall very pleased with the outcome of the website. From start to finish, GO Creative was extremely helpful. Thankyou!
Really happy with all aspects of service received from GO Creative. A very professional business with fast lead times and overall great service.
Grant and his team are wonderful to work with. Patient, understanding and quick to respond. I couldn’t recommend them highly enough!
GO Creative has been a great help to my business. Their staff are very capable and punctual and they offer excellent ideas in web design and marketing.
Thanks very much for your work. I’m very happy with the quality of the final product as well as your rapid turnaround time.
St Hilliers is very happy with the service provided by GO Creative. Our micro-website design was user friendly and the overall standard of work was excellent.
My business dealings with GO Creative have been nothing short of excellent. Their creativity with web pages and graphics has made my life so much easier. I have and will continue to recommend GO Creative to people I know who can use their services.
GO Creative’s standard of work, value for money and communication on our SEO and PPC campaigns was excellent! Great service. Thanks.
We have worked with GO Creative on several projects. Every time documentation was written well and any additional information necessary to complete project was provided. We definitely will be glad to work together with GO Creative in future and would recommend them as a partner for other web design and development agencies.
GO Creative has a talented team, with the ability to interpret an abstract brief and deliver concrete results. It’s always a pleasure to work with the GO Creative Team, after 2 years hiatus they came up in conversation today – we knew they’d break up our creative deadlock.
The standard of work and value for money was excellent! It was great that any requests for changes were dealt with promptly. I’d be happy to recommend your services.
I was very impressed how GO Creative handled the website for OzSports, so we revamped the website for OzSports Trophies as well.
We’re a digital marketing agency in Brisbane, specialising in website design and development. We’ve helped hundreds of businesses get the most out of their marketing budget, and we can do the same for you.