This tutorial will help you create and edit forms
Step by step instructions on creating and editing forms
To follow this tutorial, you must first log into your website.
If your website is using the advanced form builder plugin, Gravity Forms, you’ll have a “Forms” option in the left navigation menu.
- To add a new form, go to Forms > Add New.
- To edit an existing form, go to Forms > Forms > then click on the name of the form that you want to edit.
If you don’t have the “Forms” menu option, this tutorial does not apply to you. However, you can still create forms on your website by editing any page then under the “Content Elements” tab at the top of the page builder canvas, drag and drop the “Contact Form” element into place, and click to edit the settings.
- To add a new field, drag and drop the field type from the options on the right, to your preferred position on the form.
- To edit any field settings, click on the field name. Here you can change the field label, set the field to optional or required, set default text/options, and more.
- To delete any field, hover over it and click the “x” that appears at the top. You will be asked to confirm this step.
Every form has a variety of settings which can be accessed via Forms > Forms > hover over the form you want to configure > hover over the “Settings” text link (below the form name) > you will then have options to edit various types of settings, including:
- Form settings: title, description, form layout, form buttons, save, restrictions and general form options.
- Confirmations: Add, remove and edit confirmation messages displayed on screen when the form is submitted. For example, this may be a simple “thank you” message.
- Notifications: Add, remove and edit notification emails including which fields are included in the email, who emails are sent to, subject lines, and more.
Depending on your website package or features, you may have additional options for working with mailing lists and other software.
Once your form is ready for use, you can add it to the website in multiple ways, such as:
- Creating a new Widget Area and adding a “Form” widget to it. View instructions on adding Widget Areas.
- Inserting a Text Block element into a page or post, clicking to edit the element, then clicking the “Add Form” button above the editor toolbar.
If you want to see all form submissions saved in the website, go to Forms > Entries > click on the relevant form name.
GO Creative will investigate exactly what it is you want to achieve; then use their creativity and expertise to deliver something that will blow you away, ensuring you are kept in the loop every step of the way. You will become a raving fan! Thank you for helping me achieve success with Global Innovations.
GO Creative has a talented team, with the ability to interpret an abstract brief and deliver concrete results. It’s always a pleasure to work with the GO Creative Team, after 2 years hiatus they came up in conversation today – we knew they’d break up our creative deadlock.
Thanks very much for your work. I’m very happy with the quality of the final product as well as your rapid turnaround time.
Really happy with all aspects of service received from GO Creative. A very professional business with fast lead times and overall great service.
St Hilliers is very happy with the service provided by GO Creative. Our micro-website design was user friendly and the overall standard of work was excellent.
My business dealings with GO Creative have been nothing short of excellent. Their creativity with web pages and graphics has made my life so much easier. I have and will continue to recommend GO Creative to people I know who can use their services.
GO Creative has been a great help to my business. Their staff are very capable and punctual and they offer excellent ideas in web design and marketing.
Grant and his team are wonderful to work with. Patient, understanding and quick to respond. I couldn’t recommend them highly enough!
We have worked with GO Creative on several projects. Every time documentation was written well and any additional information necessary to complete project was provided. We definitely will be glad to work together with GO Creative in future and would recommend them as a partner for other web design and development agencies.
GO Creative’s standard of work, value for money and communication on our SEO and PPC campaigns was excellent! Great service. Thanks.
GO Creative understood our needs well, and their communication and work standards were excellent. The redevelopment of our website was good value for money.
Overall very pleased with the outcome of the website. From start to finish, GO Creative was extremely helpful. Thankyou!
I was very impressed how GO Creative handled the website for OzSports, so we revamped the website for OzSports Trophies as well.
The standard of work and value for money was excellent! It was great that any requests for changes were dealt with promptly. I’d be happy to recommend your services.
We’re a digital marketing agency in Brisbane, specialising in website design and development. We’ve helped hundreds of businesses get the most out of their marketing budget, and we can do the same for you.